Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Living Healthy Lifestyle

One of the biggest lessons I have learned since Freshman year is that being healthy is a lifestyle, not a diet. You have to make a choice that no cookie or piece of cake tastes better than fitting into your jeans. Easier said than done in a society plagued with artery clogging cuisine. Old habits die hard and now-a-days you have to try hard to make healthy choices when you are constantly being tempted with sugar and lat laden food. You can only “diet” for a short amount of time therefore making lifestyle changes that you can stick to is more worth your time than just losing weight. So learn to love veggies and say no to sugar. Cutting sugar out is one of the best and easiest things you can do. I swear, if you stop eating candy, cookies, cake, etc. you won’t miss it anymore. Some people can have just one and be satisfied but not me. I’m a “once you pop, you can’t stop” kind of girl. If I can muster up the self control to say no when it’s in front of me, I’ll be able to forget about it 10 minutes later. But that’s not to say you can’t. Everyone is different and like I said, it has to be something you can stick with. So if you can’t give up that cookie-a-day habit than change something else, refined carbs is another easy way to drop pounds and give you more energy throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions or ideas are always welcome!